Friday, December 10, 2010

Winter Road


This is the photograph that I'm using for the initial drawing and design for a new painting. I have selected the size of my first effort on this to be 14x10 on self-sanded Arches cold press paper. I like the texture that the paper transmits to the final work giving it a sparkle and life that I've not been able to achieve on UArt paper.

While I was in Iowa with my ailing father, I did not have time to do any sketching or painting. I did take a few photos. This is the winter view of the same stretch of road that I used in my previous work "Spring Road."

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I hope your dad is well soon!

    Gorgeous photo! It's going to make a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...