Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday before Christmas, 2010

Charles Le Brun - "Announcement to the Shepherds"
2 Timothy 2:8
Remembering that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel....

It's interesting, perhaps even curious, to me that I have come to this verse in my personal study a week before Christmas. As wonderful as Christmas is, the events in Bethlehem are only prelude to Passover in Jerusalem, and even the Crucifixion loses its significance without the Resurrection. So when Paul defines the energizing element of our faith and action it is the fact that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead. Merry Christmas!

(Notes from my personal study, dated December 18, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...