Friday, December 17, 2010

Sanded Paper Texture


Things I Leared Today
This post is an experiment - keeping notes on-line of things I learn or of which I need to remind myself.

Today - different textures of sanded paper respond differently to broad areas such as sky or backgrounds.

Smooth paper - UArt
  • Rembrandt harder pastels work well. Blending with fingers can wear out the fingers.
  • Sennelier works well for accents, last touches.

Textured paper - Arches self-sanded

  • Rembrandt does not blend well over broad expanses - the paper texture keeps it from being smooth or blending one color into anohter
  • Sennelier works better can be blended with the fingers

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is Wallis.Both White and Belgian Mist, I usually do a water color wash,on white. LOOSE. It is not the painting. Hand made I like texture. The more the better. It looks like strokes of oil paint.I paint in oil too. Pastel my love.check out my web; my name.com

    ReplyDelete

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...