Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The hardest time of all

Finally got it started. I put this photo up as a trial to see if the winter sky I want will work with the design. The horizon is a mixture of light lavender and pale yellow that draws to blue as it moves upward. The lavender fades first, then the yellow. The status clouds are done in the palest of yellow with some white. I wanted to create some movement, but I want to sleep on it before I put in the trees and go beyond the point of no return.

Well, I have a drawing - now for some color....

The most difficult time for me is to address the blank paper or canvas. That's where I am today. Having failed miserably on my last attempt - yesterday was a waste - I now look at a new sheet of UArt cut to 21x15. I've marked it for a grid, I know what I want to paint, I have a vision of what I want it to look like, I even have a good drawing of the scene.... So, why is it so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...