Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Notes to self


Photo from my notebook. I find that keeping notes helps me remember and keeps me focused. One of the little tricks that I need in order to deal with the MS.
  1. If you can't paint a line fine enough to be in proportion to the rest of the painting, leave it out, or paint a broader line in more indistinct detail to represent a group of lines. For example, the branches of a tree should either be individual lines in proper proportion to the trunk or else just a "smudge" to indicate the presence many branches.
  2. Use color not detail
  3. Put the brush down. Don't go looking for other places to put the left-over paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...