Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December Road WIP


After several days away from my easel, I found my progress today was slow and painful. Two things were clear.
  1. I need to do some "warm-up" exercises to refresh my eye-hand coordination. I found my hand was not always doing what I thought I wanted to do. This is one of the residual effects of MS that comes and goes at its own will and time.

  2. Concentrate on the shadows. When working from a plein air sketch, make sure that the shadows are consistent and have not moved over the duration of the plein air work. Make sure that the shadows - darker masses - are consistent and work the composition from that.
I think I have made the correct adjustments to the shadows, so tomorrow I should be able to finish this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...