Thursday, January 13, 2011

Boat Channel in Winter

Acrylic on Archival Canvas Panel - 12x9

To purchase, click here
This is a view of an old, unused channel dredged in the salt marsh next to the Atlantic Boulevard causeway. This is one of the views of the salt marsh that has intrigued me for some time.
The morning I stopped to get the reference photos and sketches and notes, the strongest impression for me was the golden color of the marsh.

This painting was executed using mostly primary colors in multiple glazes over a deep mauve base. The warm under paint was left in places to add "sparkle" to the final painting.
I am considering that the water in the foreground needs something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...