Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Still Water in the Channel"


Oil on canvas panel - 14x11

SOLD

I have drawn, painted, and photographed this old boat channel in the salt marsh from many angles and at different times.  This is a view looking across the still water.  It is in the morning, the sun is well up, but the sea breeze has not yet come.  The brightness and soft winter colors add to the air of tranquility.

I first did this painting last winter, but it needed something more.  I've touched it up a bit, and like the result very much.  I changed the name for "Boat Channel III" to "Still Water in the Channel."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...