Monday, August 29, 2011

Pines of Dutton Island Preserve



Oil on Masonite - 14x11

To purchase, contact me

This painting is a view of the salt marsh across the Intercoastal Waterway.  I have shown this picture a couple of times under the title “Pines at Dutton Island Preserve.”  This was one of my first paintings Done plein air with the First Coast Plein Air Painters.  I have painted this scene a number of times since then, but sadly two of the picturesque trees on the left of the island have died and disappeared.

I am posting this painting here because some have expressed interest in this scene and in my work, and I wanted to bring it out again.

I have returned to this scene a number of times because of the combination of the lonely pines, the reflections in the water, and the sense of stillness and openness that characterize the salt marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...