Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Morning Fog on the Marsh


Oil on canvas panel - 12x9

I began this painting en plein air yesterday morning, but when I got the "thing" home, I decided to rework it. This is the result.

For this work, I used almost exclusively cadmium orange, ultramarine violet, ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow medium and a touch of some burnt umber with lots of white. For a medium, I found that Liquin works best en plein air for me because it dries quickly and it spreads with a texture I can manage.

This view of the marsh is from the Atlantic Boulevard causeway on the beach side of the Intercoastal Waterway. I parked my truck next to the guard rail and set up just on the other side. One guy honked as he passed - I jumped and had a mark to paint out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...