Thursday, February 3, 2011

Boat Channel II


Acrylic on gessoed Masonite - 20x16

This painting represents a new direction for me in a number of ways. It is in acrylic which I have done before, but it is with larger brushes. I have kept to a limited pallet - cadmium yellow med. cadmium orange, permanent rose, alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, ultramarine violet, burnt umber, and white.

I have deliberately exaggerated the forms, limited the color and detail, and focused on shapes and glazes to define the scene.

I am going to give this piece a rest for a few days before I sign it and put it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...