Friday, January 29, 2010

"Odd One Out"


Oil on canvas panel - 8 x 8
Completed 2010/01/29

Purcahse - $45.00 Contact me for details.

The story this painting tells is that the little bowl has room for only two fruit, so the tangerines pushed the lemon out.

This painting was done with primary colors - ultramarine blue, alizerin crimson, cadmiums (red medium, orange, yellow medium, & light), and a little Winsor yellow. Once again, a purple mix of ultramarine blue and alizarin crimson was used to create the browns and grays in this painting.

This painting took a few days to complete because of interruptions. I finally put down my brushes and said, "Enough!" Sometimes - in fact, too often - I find myself at the place where anything more that I do is the wrong thing. I have learned from having created problems before that this is the point I quit and say, "Done!"

Rick Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...