Friday, January 22, 2010

"Not Enough Room"



Oil on canvas panel - 8 x 8
Completed 1/15/2010

Painting was displayed in JCVA Winter Show (juried) 1/21/2010 - 2/13/2010


To purchase painting, click here.


This is a painting of 5 forelle pears. The pears are quite small and exquisitely colored. I placed them in a small bowl, but not all of them would fit - thus the name of the painting.

This painting required quite a bit of wiping out and starting over. The bowl and shading to the background gave me the most difficulty.

The afternoon light from my studio window shines indirectly on my workspace. The light was ideal for capturing the color of the pears. I used warm yellows and lavender for the background to enhance the subtle shades of cool yellow to light green in the accent areas of the pears.

Rick Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...