Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Abstract #1

Abstract #1

Gouache and Ink, 4x4 on paper

This is the first painting I had done as a purely abstract painting.  It was inspired by the work of Japanese artist, Hiroshi Matsumoto - check his Facebook page.  

I was not really pleased with the result, but I liked it enough to continue.  After doing 16 other paintings in the series of 20, I took another look at this original piece.  The basic color was good, but it lacked definition and separation, so I added ink lines which made a huge difference!

I had initially set my goal to use primary colors in gouache, and I continued with that standard through the rest of the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dune Passage in Summer

Watercolor and Ink on paper, 5x7 This is a variation of an old passage through the dunes.  In the midday summer sun, the light is bright but...