Thursday, April 12, 2018

Daily Paintings - April 12, 2018




Pastel - Daily Paintings 4x6 in double mat

I have taken a challenge to paint a number of small pastels that can be mounted in mat to fit a 5x7 frame.  These 4 paintings are my first set of this series. 
I have deliberately chosen a limited palette to be used in each of the paintings for today.  That will keep the colors coordinated and keep the set unified.  I selected 4 very different  views of the beach, water, and dunes in order to express the variety of scenery and yet show the unity of the experience.
These paintings will be available through my gallery - Georgia Nick Gallery in St. Augustine, or they may be purchased from me directly.  Please see my web site for details. Rick Petersen Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dune Passage in Summer

Watercolor and Ink on paper, 5x7 This is a variation of an old passage through the dunes.  In the midday summer sun, the light is bright but...