Friday, April 13, 2018

Daily Painting, April 13, 2018

Pastel - Daily Paintings 4x6 in double mat


I have taken a challenge to paint a number of small pastels that can be mounted in mat to fit a 5x7 frame.  This is the work of day 2 - the second set of this series, Salt Marsh. 
I have deliberately chosen a limited palette to be used in each of the paintings for today.  That will keep the colors coordinated and keep the set unified.  This idea for this small study is the openness of the marsh through the stately pines of the scattered hammocks.
These paintings will be available through my gallery - Georgia Nick Gallery in St. Augustine, or they may be purchased from me directly.  Please see my web site for details. Rick Petersen Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...