Friday, December 30, 2016

Morning Reverie

Pastel, 9x12 on UArt

As the morning fog rises from the pond and reveals the colors and forms of the trees and grasses, I find myself drawn to remember and reflect on all that is good and peaceful.
Looking back over 2016, I set for myself the challenge to select my one favorite painting for the year and describe why it’s my favorite.
“Morning Reverie” 9x12, is my choice for the following reasons:
1. It represents a scene I love and to which I had a distinctly visual and emotional reaction.
2. Painting it forced me to make design and color choices based on values, temperature, and form rather than old habits of color and perceptions.
3. The result communicates a feeling about a time and place rather than a picture of a location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...