Friday, December 9, 2016

Hazy Morning

Original work - Dec. 2016

Rework - July 2017

Pastel, 8x12 on UArt

This is another painting in a series exploring the broad horizons and muted values of the Guana River Estuary.  This painting was begun as a validation of color and design for a larger work, but I am pleased enough with the result to sign it and let it stands on its own.

Hazy came off as dull and boring, so I added color and punched the values.

I reworked this painting July 26, 2017.  I added color to the clouds, sky, and water and changed the temp of some of middle ground to repeat the pinks and reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...