Thursday, October 27, 2016

Timed Study 04, Piney Point

Timed Study 3 - Piney Point, pastel 6x9

Standard "Rick's Rules" for this timed study - 22 minutes with 16 pastels + 1 pastel pencil.  I did this study on UArt 400.

The concept and motive for this study is a drawing of a pond near my home.  It was raining, and the muted tones accented the design.  I plan to do more of this concept in other light and color with more contrast in color, temperature, and value.

I permitted myself 25 minutes to mount the paper, do the drawing, and select the palette.  First the charcoal drawing with corrections...





Then most of the charcoal is removed so that the "ghost" remains.

 


Finally I chose this palette used from the study, set my timer to 22 minutes, and began.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...