Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dutton Island, Windy Morning

Pastel 6x9 on UArt 400

This is a plein air piece done with the First Coast Pastel Society at Dutton Island Preserve, Atlantic Beach.

When I got this painting back in the studio, I realized that a number of things kept the composition from working. I made some revisions in order to enhance the brightness, haziness, and sense of wind in the painting.
 
The spot I selected to paint left me in bright sun with no shade.  My sun umbrella kept my paper in shade but not my palette, and I was a little disappointed in the colors when I got the painting up in my studio.  This first photo below is of the painting without being adjusted in the studio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...