Monday, July 9, 2012

"Thru the Oak Thicket"


Pastel on UArt 600, 9x12

To purchase on E-Bay, click here.

The woodland in front of Pablo Bay will be developed in the next year, and all the trees will be gone.  This painting was done from a photo I took some weeks ago, but the photo was out of focus. 

I've taken some license with the photo and added my own expression.  I pushed some of the color and the values and added detail where it seemed to be needed.  This small piece was done with the possibility that it could be developed into a larger work.

This picture was up on E-Bay under a different title - "Path to St. Paul's 1" - and did not sell.  I went back and punched up the shadows with some purple and lavender.  I removed the original photo and replaced it with the update, changed the name of the painting, and lowered the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...