Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Across the Pond"



Pastel on sanded gatorboard, 24x22

The idea of this painting is a view across the old mining pond at the Jacksonville Arboretum.  The old duck box and the color in the poplar and maple trees caught my attention.  The painting was begun on site with drawings, color references, and reference photos.  The day was cloudy with no distinct shadows which proved later to be a difficult atmosphere for me to catch.

I received more response on this with suggestions than anything else I've put on Facebook.  This is the result of more than a dozen suggestions.  Some I could incorporate, some I tried but didn't think they worked, and some were beyond my skill in the medium.

I have not signed this - giving it a night to "simmer."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...