Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Who Called This Meeting?"



Pastel on gatorboard, 14x11

SOLD

It was windy from the north-east, and painting at the beach was a bit of a challenge.  I completed the waves and the sand, but when I tried to add the birds, I kept getting blown about smudging the details.  After about three redo's on the birds, I decided to take it home and finish it inside.  This is the result.

My wife, Patty, suggested the title.  I think it's delightful.  It's as if these birds were just standing in the edge of the surf without any purpose or any activity - so like some of the meetings I had to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...