Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Standing Tall" and "Come Fly with Me"

"Standing Tall"
Pastel on gatorboard - 8x10

This small painting was done from sketches and segments of a larger work - "October Colors" - done for the Color the Coast paint-out.  This assembly of palm trees in the distance a cross the marsh first caught my eye because some of the palms were much taller than the surrounding oaks and willows.  The morning sum peeked in and out of the clouds, and I wanted to catch the sunlight at that moment.


"Come Fly with Me"
Pastel on gator board - 12x9

It rained most of the day today, but I wanted to finish one more piece for the Color the Coast paint-out.  I had done an earlier work of the waves and sea gulls from the boardwalk at Jax pier.  Using my notes, drawings, and reference photos, I did this painting of three sea gulls taking flight across the surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...