Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Low Tide, October

Updated 10-28-2010

Update for 10-27-10




Pastel - UArt 27x21
Work In Progress

Update for 10-28 - (had to repaint a wall in the living room) worked on point of land to the left, reflections and water.
Update for 10-27 - more painting of the house, but I did get in a little time on this pastel. worked on water lines and shore on the left.
I'm putting this up to show that I am working. This view of the salt marsh from Castaway Park is an expansion of the plein air small work done on the 16th. I am trying to capture the light and color of and October morning.

The red is and under coat for the greens of the marsh grasses. I have put down the carmine and sanguine mix and sprayed it with fixative in order to establish the contrast and to see the form of the design.

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...