Friday, August 27, 2010

Dunes at St. Andrews State Park


Pastel on self-sanded Arches - 14x10

To purchase, contact me.

After making a few very minor touches, I signed this piece and sprayed it with fixative. That is my way of saying "Il est fini!"

I am pleased with the way this worked, and if you read the previous posts, you can see it how the work progressed.

These dunes and the sugar-white sand of St. Andrews State Park with the jetties in the distance have been a continuing inspiration to me since I first saw them in 1967. I have drawn and painted them often before, but not with this kind of success!

rjp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...