Friday, August 27, 2010

Dunes at St. Andrews State Park


Pastel on self-sanded Arches - 14x10

To purchase, contact me.

After making a few very minor touches, I signed this piece and sprayed it with fixative. That is my way of saying "Il est fini!"

I am pleased with the way this worked, and if you read the previous posts, you can see it how the work progressed.

These dunes and the sugar-white sand of St. Andrews State Park with the jetties in the distance have been a continuing inspiration to me since I first saw them in 1967. I have drawn and painted them often before, but not with this kind of success!

rjp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning in the Dunes

Morning in the Dunes Acrylic on canvas panel 8x10 Behind the beach at Talbot Island, the dunes march away one behind the other.  No clear pa...