Wednesday, October 4, 2023

"Coming In"

Coming In

Pastel on self-sanded "gator board"

I have been going through boxes of  paintings that needed something, and I found this one.  I have retouched the color and values, made the image more crisp, and refined the context.  The "new" painting accomplishes all that I wanted to gain originally. I have removed the horizon and any reference to the waves, and I have reduced the foreground to a few streaks of foam. The palette is limited to blue, white, and black with various combinations.  A few touches of lavender, pink and green were added to the foam for structure. Once again, I changed its name - I now catalog it as "Coming In."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dune Passage in Summer

Watercolor and Ink on paper, 5x7 This is a variation of an old passage through the dunes.  In the midday summer sun, the light is bright but...