Saturday, October 28, 2017

Quiet Glory




Paste, 9x12, en Plein Air

I chose to paint the Mayport Presbyterian Church with the First Coast Plein Air Painters.  Painting buildings is a challenge for me, and I have to concentrate on perspective, proportions, and vertical edges.  I have found that the way I stand when painting en plein air I tend to make everything slant left even when my initial drawing is accurate, so my result with this old church is a small success for me.

This small white church radiated the quiet grace in which it stands as an inspiration for the faithful.  It was a rewarding way to spend a Saturday morning with friends from the FCPAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...