Friday, January 15, 2016

Beach Path, Study

Watercolor over Ink, 4x6

SOLD on eBay


The paths to the beach often lead between houses on Jacksonville Beach.  The walls and bushes create a dramatic entrance to the bright sunlight of the beach and surf

I have begun a series of small watercolor paintings, of which this painting is the first, that I hope will serve two purposes.

1.  I plan to use these paintings as the foundation for larger works in pastel or watercolor.  In these studies, I will explore color and composition seeking to express a more open and liberal interpretation of the subjects.

2.  I will offer these studies on eBay for a low opening bid and free shipping in an effort to find greater exposure for my work and to enlarge my e-mail base for my newsletter by adding people who have purchased my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...