Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Marsh Vista, Study 1, Ps. 107:8

Pastel, 7.5x10 on Wallis

This painting is a composite of a number of views of the salt marsh near the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  I have tried to capture the sense of space and calm that this vista inspires drawing my attention to the beauty of God’s creation.
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107:8
I executed this painting with different values of pure primary and secondary colors - very few grays were used.
I took a new photo and updated the image, October 28, 2015.
To purchase this painting, click on Daily Paintworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...