Saturday, January 10, 2015

Fresh Tangerines



Pastel on gray Canson Mi-Tientes

I was delighted with the color and form of these tangerines I cut from the neighbor's tree just before the prediction of frost.  The background is a playful contrast to the orange of the tangerines.  I did this work to take another look at Canson Mi-Tientes paper using semi-hard pastels.  I cheated with a few touches of Terry Ludwig and Unison in the broad areas of the background, but the fruit and leaves are completely semi-hard pastels.

Photo was updated and name changed from "Before the Frost" on 4/12/15.

Painting is available on Daily Paintworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...