Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dunes - 10-Minute Study


 

Dunes - 9x6 on UArt 600

This is my first effort in a 10-minute study with 20 pieces of chalk (or fewer) under the inspiration of Maggie Price.

Process - I select my subject, select 15-20 pieces of pastel, set my timer, and after some serious reflection and a plan, I hit the START.  When the timer goes off, I stop, regardless.

Evaluation - I need to make a broader selection of values within two or three hues.  Use the broad side of the pastel more than the point.  Concentrate on abstract forms and shapes, then add a few details.  Use of time and the basic plan were OK.

Hey, with this start, I can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dune Passage in Summer

Watercolor and Ink on paper, 5x7 This is a variation of an old passage through the dunes.  In the midday summer sun, the light is bright but...