Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reflections at Low Tide


Pastel on UArt, 12x9

To purchase, contact me.

In the late afternoon when the sun is low and the tide is out, the clear sky reflects on the wet sand and marsh-muck with almost the same intensity as it reflects from the few receding streams of water.  I wanted to capture the light and color of a late winter afternoon with the contrast of the abstract forms of the salt marsh against the rigorous, precision of the boardwalk.

I did this study as preparation for a larger work.  With summer coming, it may be a while before I get back to working out that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...