Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breaking Light


Oil on canvas - 28x22

This painting is my reaction and interpretation Jacksonville Beach surf as the light is first breaking through clouds just after sunrise.  I had done some earlier work and taken reference photos in late November last year.  The haze and off-shore clouds kept the light diffused until the sun was well up.  It is that mystery and soft light that caught my imagination.

At high tide, the waves were not breaking until they were almost to the shore.  Though they were not large, they created some spectacular foam and reflections.

I posted a different photo of this painting using different settings on my Photoshop Editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...