Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bright Morning


Oil on canvas panel, 12x9

To purchase, contact me.

This is another study of the a palm thicket and the dunes at Cape San Blas. The painting began as a sketch and water color. I have tried to capture the heat and bright sun of a summer morning. The painting is oil on canvas panel.
This is a view of the secluded beach and dunes near where my son Rod, my father-in-law, and I spent many, many hours fishing.
A personal note:
As a painting progresses toward completion, it seems often to take a life of its own. It moves steadily away from the view before me and even away from my original intention. I do not know if this is a result of my inner "natural artistic eye" or the product of my artistic inability together with some conscious or even unconscious compensations. In either case, I am pleased with this result even as it has moved beyond my original scene and impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Path in the Pines

Pastel 12x16 on LuxArchival 100 This view of an old path through the pine woods has held my attention for years.  The woods are now a housin...