Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dutton Island, Windy Morning

Pastel 6x9 on UArt 400

This is a plein air piece done with the First Coast Pastel Society at Dutton Island Preserve, Atlantic Beach.

When I got this painting back in the studio, I realized that a number of things kept the composition from working. I made some revisions in order to enhance the brightness, haziness, and sense of wind in the painting.
 
The spot I selected to paint left me in bright sun with no shade.  My sun umbrella kept my paper in shade but not my palette, and I was a little disappointed in the colors when I got the painting up in my studio.  This first photo below is of the painting without being adjusted in the studio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning in the Dunes

Morning in the Dunes Acrylic on canvas panel 8x10 Behind the beach at Talbot Island, the dunes march away one behind the other.  No clear pa...