Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dunes - 10-Minute Study


 

Dunes - 9x6 on UArt 600

This is my first effort in a 10-minute study with 20 pieces of chalk (or fewer) under the inspiration of Maggie Price.

Process - I select my subject, select 15-20 pieces of pastel, set my timer, and after some serious reflection and a plan, I hit the START.  When the timer goes off, I stop, regardless.

Evaluation - I need to make a broader selection of values within two or three hues.  Use the broad side of the pastel more than the point.  Concentrate on abstract forms and shapes, then add a few details.  Use of time and the basic plan were OK.

Hey, with this start, I can only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning in the Dunes

Morning in the Dunes Acrylic on canvas panel 8x10 Behind the beach at Talbot Island, the dunes march away one behind the other.  No clear pa...